Old 06-03-2004, 04:19 AM
jfrost

Default Preparing a garden plot?

do some searches on this site:
www.dirtdoctor.com
good luck,

I do plan on bringing in a few smaller bags of dirt and compost by

hand, My main question is if i should attempt to mix them in with the
grey stuff or just building good stuff up on top? After settling, the
soil level was pretty much even with the surrounding grass so i can
still pile a lot more on top before it becomes a problem. A small
attempt at mixing last year didn't work well at all. Either the grey
stuff just stayed together in relativly dry chunks or it was complete
wet mush and the topsoil just floated on it. In the end it resulted
in many grey chunks/globs drying out on top.

Any suggestions/oppinions appreciated.