Old 07-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Fw: bonsai doctor form

In a message dated 3/6/2004 6:08:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Question: I have a Ficus (something) bonsai for about a month now. I am a
beginner and all of the sudden all the leaves started to fall and turn brown
I water my tree every other day, and try to expose it to sunlight as much as
possible. Any reason why this is occurring?

It depends upon the Ficus but in general if he is putting in and out
of the sun, it could be sunburn. If he is watering everyother day it might not
be enough, depending upon the soil mix.

Ficus are pretty strong. Today Pedro Morales of Puerto Rico told our club
that if you can't keep a Ficus alive, buy plastic plants.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++