Old 06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Ian Young

Default [IBC] Fw: bonsai doctor form

Me again,

Nina, I really must get your form added soon :-)

This is another bonsai Doctor request. this time from puerto Rico. I thought
I would be getting requests mostly from Europe but I guess it really is a
world wide web! The club site is proving to be a bigger success than I
thought.

Again anyone in the tropics or good with tropics care to help. I'm not a fig
person. question below.

Regards

Ian
www.nibonsaisociety.co.uk

Country: Puerto Rico

Question: I have a Ficus (something) bonsai for about a month now. I am a
begginer and all of the sudden all the leaves started to fall and turn brown
I water my tree every other day, and try to expose it to sunlight as much as
possible. Any reason why this is occuring????

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Nina Shishkoff

In a message dated 3/6/2004 6:08:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Question: I have a Ficus (something) bonsai for about a month now. I am
a beginner and all of the sudden all the leaves started to fall and turn
brown I water my tree every other day, and try to expose it to sunlight

as much as
possible. Any reason why this is occurring?

Billy said:
It depends upon the Ficus but in general if he is putting in and
out
of the sun, it could be sunburn. If he is watering everyother day it
might not
be enough, depending upon the soil mix.

Or it might be too much water. My indoor figs need water every 3-4 days.
Every other day would be too much.

You can't answer care questions online without knowing under what
conditions the tree is being kept. Trust me on this. My disgnostic form
is at :
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/diagnose.php

I rarely have to email the person to ask more questions, although few
people EVER look at the roots, or even know what a healthy root looks
like.

Old 07-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 3/7/2004 9:02:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Or it might be too much water. My indoor figs need water every 3-4 days.
Every other day would be too much.

Although over watering is always a possibility, with figs it is less likely
than other species, especially in a tropical climate like PR where the tree
probably grows more in winter than summer.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

Old 07-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

writes:

Or it might be too much water. My indoor figs need water every 3-4 days.
Every other day would be too much.

Although over watering is always a possibility, with figs it is less likely
than other species, especially in a tropical climate like PR where the tree
probably grows more in winter than summer.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

See the Tibetan Herbal Doctor Teach and Practice Mr. Chaos 007 Texas 1 29-10-2003 02:12 PM
The Pond Doctor book - thanks! Nanceemo Ponds 0 15-06-2003 08:36 AM
The Pond Doctor book Nanceemo Ponds 3 15-06-2003 06:08 AM
Tree Doctor? Marti Dominick North Carolina 4 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Tree Doctor? Marti Dominick North Carolina 4 19-02-2003 01:52 PM