Old 07-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Fw: bonsai doctor form

In a message dated 3/6/2004 6:08:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Question: I have a Ficus (something) bonsai for about a month now. I am
a beginner and all of the sudden all the leaves started to fall and turn
brown I water my tree every other day, and try to expose it to sunlight

as much as
possible. Any reason why this is occurring?

Billy said:
It depends upon the Ficus but in general if he is putting in and
out
of the sun, it could be sunburn. If he is watering everyother day it
might not
be enough, depending upon the soil mix.

Or it might be too much water. My indoor figs need water every 3-4 days.
Every other day would be too much.

You can't answer care questions online without knowing under what
conditions the tree is being kept. Trust me on this. My disgnostic form
is at :
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/diagnose.php

I rarely have to email the person to ask more questions, although few
people EVER look at the roots, or even know what a healthy root looks
like.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++