Old 07-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Fred Holt

Default Transplanting liriope

"Emily" wrote in message
I agree. When I had liriope, I always cut it way back in Feb. All the

way
down to about 1". New growth will emerge. So, I'd do it now, soon,

before
the new growth cycle begins.

As for transplanting, you can dig it up, break it up with a shovel into

much
smaller parts (making sure to keep some of the roots with each part), and
replant. You end up with a lot of plants, nice to share with friends. I
got mine this way, from a friend who had way too much. Unfortunately, I
can't remember what time of year we did this.

Good luck!

Emily

Thanks, I'll get right on it - I'll use the hedge trimmer and cut them right
back close.

- Fred