Old 08-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Tom La Bron

Default Dead lily? where to buy hardy water lily?

Sorry aslng,

Almost ever year I sell hardy lilies for postage costs, but last year I
tried something different and planted mine in pea gravel and they didn't
grow at all, so no extra plants this year from me. I guy that I know is
moving and will be shutting down his pond for the move and he unusually has
lots of lilies. If I get some divisions from him I will let you and others
on the list know of availability.

Some of the home and garden places like LOWES sell them in the Spring, but
last year the prices on LOWES plants really shot up. You used to be able to
get some for about 5 bucks, but they jumped up the 12 dollar range last year
for some reason. You can also get lilies from suppliers on the net, you
just have to look.

Good luck.

Tom L.L.
===================================
"aslng" wrote in message
news
1) My lily leaves became smaller and smaller during the last summer. Now,
am not sure if it's dead. Rhizome has many roots but no leaf this year so
far. The Rhizome is dark brown color. How could I tell if it's dead?

2) What's the ideal pot size for hardy lily? Is 12 inches ok? I read some

3) Any suggestion where to buy hardy water lily? Good price with

reasonable
quality. Online? Any suggested stores?

I live in Santa Rose (Northern California).

Thanks.