Old 09-03-2004, 04:09 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Leyland Cypress for Tanuki

In a message dated 3/8/2004 10:40:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I want to try a Phoenix Graft and am having trouble locating Shimpaku
Junipers in my area. I have no bonsai nurseries within an hours
drive. At a landscape place i saw some Leyland Cypress that looked
like they had the necessary characteristics (long slender trunks) Has
anyone tried with this specie, or can you refer me to an expert ?

Check out Brent Watson's site:
www.evergreengardenworks.com for some
nice Shimpaku rooted cuttings that are about 12 inches long in 2 1/4 sq. pots.
I just took delivery on a dozen in Jan.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++