Old 09-03-2004, 04:09 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Leyland Cypress for Tanuki

In a message dated 3/8/2004 10:40:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I want to try a Phoenix Graft and am having trouble locating Shimpaku
Junipers in my area. I have no bonsai nurseries within an hours
drive. At a landscape place i saw some Leyland Cypress that looked
like they had the necessary characteristics (long slender trunks) Has
anyone tried with this specie, or can you refer me to an expert ?

Check out Brent Watson's site:
www.evergreengardenworks.com for some
nice Shimpaku rooted cuttings that are about 12 inches long in 2 1/4 sq. pots.
I just took delivery on a dozen in Jan.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 09-03-2004, 10:02 AM
kevin bailey

I second Billy's post if you can take advantage of Brent's stock.
Infinitely preferable to Leylandii. It's a fast-growing, pest tree in my
experience.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

---

Old 10-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Mike Peck

kevin bailey wrote:

I second Billy's post if you can take advantage of Brent's stock.
Infinitely preferable to Leylandii. It's a fast-growing, pest tree in my
experience.
Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

Well, I think Kev meant to say .... it's a pest *free* tree .....
anyway, I'd like to third the endorsement for Brent. I just bought some
trees from him last month and was very pleased. Very nice stock and
great service.

Mike Peck, Kansas City, MO Zone5

Old 10-03-2004, 04:40 PM
kevin bailey

No I meant exactly what I said :-) Leylandii is a PEST tree. It is
commonly planted here as a hedging plant and rapidly grows to full tree
proportions causing disputes with neighbours.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

********
++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/
--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Leyland Cypress for Tanuki Allen Bonsai 0 08-03-2004 03:52 PM
Leyland Cypress for Tanuki Allen Bonsai 0 08-03-2004 03:52 PM
Leyland Cypress for Tanuki Allen Bonsai 0 08-03-2004 03:11 PM
leyland cypress HI HI- Gardening 0 24-03-2003 12:20 AM
leyland cypress Mark or Travis Gardening 13 23-03-2003 04:44 PM