Old 09-03-2004, 04:32 AM
John DeGood

Default Philadelphia Flower Show "Destination Paradise"

I haven't seen any posts about the Philadelphia Flower Show, which is in
progress from March 7-14 at the Philadelphia Convention Center.

http://www.theflowershow.com/

The central feature exhibit "Destination Paradise" of the show this year
consists of "the largest individual display of specimen orchid plants
ever seen in North America" with orchid blooms estimated in excess of
100,000. I visited the show yesterday and words cannot begin to
describe the exhibit. The beautiful presentation of hundreds and
hundreds of huge specimen plants in bloom was one of the most amazing
things I've ever seen.

Kudos to Walter Off of Waldor Orchids who chaired the exhibit. I highly
recommend that orchid lovers in the Northeast region not miss the
opportunity to see this incredible display.

John