Old 09-03-2004, 07:08 PM
LFR

Default Rose

In answer to some of the questions....practically no sun in the spot where
it's currently planted...also, it's a once bloomer.

I will feed it and leave it for the time being. The spot where it's planted
seems more appropriate for impatiens, hosta and most plants that don't need
much sun exposure.

I will try to get a photo or two of it when it's in bloom. I suppose I
could just consult a local nursery.

Thank you so much for your replies. :-)

Lynn

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 08:28:30 -0500, "LFR" wrote:

As I was reading through some of the posts, I was reminded of a problem I
have with a rose bush. It was here when I bought the house. It is

planted
near my front "porch" (read: concrete slab entry way). It currently has

"ton" of buds and they are beautiful when they open but they drop soon
after. That part of the yard gets no sun (facing north). Should I move

the
plant to a sunnier area? It is my intention to move it but I thought I
would pose the question to those of you who are more knowledgable. Any

BTW, I'm in Virginia, zone 8 I think.

TIA.

Lynn

If the plant blooms and appears healthy, why move it? Most roses
prefer full sun, but there are part-shade varieties. Can you identify
the rose? Most roses have a deep root system but can be most
successfully moved in early spring. Prepare the hole with compost,
leaf mold, and a small amount of cow manure. Be careful to keep the
crown at the same soil level. Prune it back at least one-half. Water
immediately, then water well again the following day.