Old 25-01-2003, 02:40 AM
Steve Wolfinger

Default [IBC] air layering for new nebari

`I plan on air layering an acer palmatum this spring.. in order to develop
a completely new set of roots.
Once the new leaves begin to hardern off in the spring.... I want to layer
the tree with a complete ring at the base of trunk.
and hopefully... by mid to late summer....remove the old root base and
transplant. what i'm thinking.. is
can i leave all the foliage up top while the roots are beginning to form?
will it stress the tree too much
to leave all the top foliage as is?? or does the old root system continue
to nourish the tree
even though it has been ringed?

steve (lancaster PA)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++