Old 10-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Shaal Gebyy

Default Lemon Tree question

"Lindsay Heinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:40:29 GMT, Shaal Gebyy wrote:

Hi,

I recently chopped half my lemon tree down.

New shoots are sprouting out of the cuts.

Can I snip these new shoots and grow them in pots ?

Most lemon trees are grafted, your new shoots will grow if initially
planted in pots but will never achieve the status of your original
lemon tree.
--

Lindsay.

Thanks for your comments.
As Andrew G says, it's worth experimenting.
I think the tree's been there since pre-1950's.
It's getting quite rotten and diseased now, hence it's upcoming removal.
The new shoots look so fresh and clean that I just want to try to grow
another lemon tree from them before I have to chop the rest of the tree
down.
Sort of 're-incarnate' the once majestic tree.
Shaal.