Old 10-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default One of my amano shrimp is pregnant :D

The question now is what is going to happen to the eggs now?

In my 360L (90g) tank I have approximately 30 Amano Shrimps and often you
can see one or two of them carrying eggs. However, I have never really seen
very tiny baby shrimps so I cannot with a certainty say if any of the eggs
survived.

Most of the bottom, back & side walls of my aquarium are covered with moss
so I would think there would be plenty of place for the eggs to be hidden,
but then I'm not familiar with parenting habits of these shrimps.

The fish I have don't bother my shrimps (Cardinals, Black Neon's, SAE,
Oto's), though they perhaps could enjoy the eggs.

--
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac

How cool! One of my amano shrimp is pregnant. She has a clutch of eggs
tucked into her abdomen, which she fans nonstop with her legs.

Congrats! My amano are usually pregnant and I do add iodine with each
water change.