Old 20-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Empty

Default One of my amano shrimp is pregnant :D

How cool! One of my amano shrimp is pregnant. She has a clutch of eggs
tucked into her abdomen, which she fans nonstop with her legs.

I recently started a nano reef tank (yes, I know, I am a turncoat) and had
some iodine on hand. Recalling reading iodine was good for FW shrimp also,
I have put a half dose in the tank with every water change for the last few
weeks. Anecdotal at best, but these shrimp have never done this before.

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other
Old 20-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Victor Martinez

Empty wrote:
How cool! One of my amano shrimp is pregnant. She has a clutch of eggs
tucked into her abdomen, which she fans nonstop with her legs.

Congrats! My amano are usually pregnant and I do add iodine with each
water change.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 10-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Marvin Hlavac

The question now is what is going to happen to the eggs now?

In my 360L (90g) tank I have approximately 30 Amano Shrimps and often you
can see one or two of them carrying eggs. However, I have never really seen
very tiny baby shrimps so I cannot with a certainty say if any of the eggs
survived.

Most of the bottom, back & side walls of my aquarium are covered with moss
so I would think there would be plenty of place for the eggs to be hidden,
but then I'm not familiar with parenting habits of these shrimps.

The fish I have don't bother my shrimps (Cardinals, Black Neon's, SAE,
Oto's), though they perhaps could enjoy the eggs.

--
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac