Old 10-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Betsy

Default Euonymous care? ? ?

This isn't quite the same, but I transplanted a huge overgrown E. bush 3
years ago and it is still in recovery. Of course this meant cutting the
taproot, so I'm sure this is the main issue, but I also had to cut it back
severely.

Perhaps right them, stake them, and then prune *a bit* and see how they do.
Of course prune out dead wood and crossing branches, etc., but I'd give it
more of a *wait & see* approach at first.

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
news
I have a row of fully mature euonymous bushes, and this year they were
almost uprooted under the weight of a heavy snow.

They seem to be quite alive and can be uprighted, but I think I need to
trim
back severely.

What is the best height for an entirely new start? Three feet from the

root?

Any advice welcome.