Old 10-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Bacchae

Default Renanthera monachica help desperately needed

I got a Renanthera monachica in about October. It was
originally potted but I understood that it didn't particularly
like being potted and would want to be in an open basket when
it got a bit bigger.

Because it is a small plant it kept falling over and it soon
became apparent that all the roots in the medium were
shrivelled. I put it in a tiny hydroponics basket and hung it
on my open terrarium where I have other orchids.

In the last little while its lone root has been shrivelling up.
I am freaking out quite a bit now because I don't know what to
do for it. It also seems to be growing a new leaf but I have
no idea what to do with it now that it appears that shortly it
won't have any viable roots.

What can I do?

I have put orchids in veggie bags, you know the ones with the
holes, before so that they get additional humidity and stay a
wee bit warmer if they're near the windows. Do you think this
might help this little guy?

I can post a picture of the plant to abpo if anyone would find
that helpful.

Thanks for your help! I would hate to kill this little
treasure.

- Sandy