Old 10-03-2004, 08:59 PM
len gardener

Default 2 stroke fuel question

g'day bushy,

i think i may start doing your trick withthe heavier oil mix i'm an ex
mower mechanic so always stipulated that at the minimum people
followed maufacturers recommendations on mixes. but when i moved to
rural one of my neighbours a tree lopper says he runs his chain saws
with a heavier mix says plugs are cheaper than engines. i have a new
brushcutter and they recommend 50:1 so may opt for 32:1 i think i
reckon all they have done to make it appear like 50:1 is good enough
is to make it run richer it uses lots more fuel than the old 25:1
machine.

over in the USA they mostly seem like they are trying to run their
machines on 100:1 in majority of cases against manufacturer
recommendations and they just won't be told that they could very well
be diminishing the design life of their engines. i think the thinking
is that the machines will be less smokey and more environmentaly
acceptable.

take care

len

snipped