Old 10-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Kelly Garner

Default I read in this group last summer

In article ,
Jim Comer wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:48:27 GMT, "Johnny K" wrote:

Yep yep yep that was it,I think I also read about them last year in the

News And Observer,Never had an Heirloom tomato before and want to find out
if they really do taste better than hybird type,Many thanks Jim

Some do really taste better, others are probably grown more of the novelty
(green & white stripes, etc). Whether you'll end up thinking that they really
do taste better than hybrids depends on which variety you pick.

IMHO, the Pink Brandywine is close to the ultimate tomato for flavor.
Unfortunately, it doesn't produce very well in my garden.

The Durham Garden Center on Hillsborough Rd will be selling these this year, and according to my friend
who works there they are going to try to have the Tomatoman in for a talk on heirloom tomatoes (and
maybe a tasting!) later in the summer.

Cheers
KJ
--
---
Stapp's Law: The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes