Old 10-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Robert

Default new to roses need help

: "auntie_biotic" wrote in message
: ...
:: I have just purchased a rose "Paul scarlet" rootball. Then
:: realised I don't know the first thing about planting, preparing
:: soil, feeding etc. Any advice will be appreciated. PS I live in
:: north England where at present it is quite cold and rainy.
::
:: Thanks
:
: The Romans said plenty of air,sun and good soil,
: it still seems to be true,
: find the sunniest place in your garden, and don't make it compete
: with too many other plants or grass, also rose food in the base of
: the hol;e you dig will help, the best roses seem to come from the
: North,Wolverhampton, David Austin roses,
: Best Wishes
: Gea

and it needs to have the earth well firmed down on to the roots

Robert South West England