Old 11-03-2004, 04:33 AM
John DeGood

Default Philadelphia Flower Show "Destination Paradise"

Ray wrote:
One of the issues I have with the flower show is the exorbitant prices the
vendors charge. I know that the cost of a booth is outrageous, and I
understand the need to make a profit, but WOW!!!

The Convention Center is an expensive venue. Show ticket prices are
also steep -- $26 at the door last Sunday, or $20 in advance. It does
benefit a good cause: show proceeds help fund the Philadelphia Green
program.

I purchased from one show vendor -- Dragon Agro Products of Kendall
Park, NJ -- that had orchids for reasonable prices, e.g. a variety of
"near blooming size" (i.e. small) :-) mini Cats @ 3 for $30 and Den.
Kingianum divisions @ $12.

In addition to the "Destination Paradise" orchid exhibit, I thought the
"Underwater Paradise", composed of cacti and succulents which looked
like oceanic horticulture, was also exceptionally well done.

John