Old 11-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Collecting in National Forests

Jeff,

I have no personal experience in this area, but know
there is a hiatus of collecting out here in
California. Seems someone got greedy, dug too many
California juniper and left them by the side of the
road to die. There is a search for the culprits
within the bonsai community out here so we can
re-establish the permits. I think you have to be very
clear with the officials on your intent.

Kitsune Miko
--- "Isom, Jeff (EM, PTL)"
wrote:
I'm sure that a number of folks out there have
collected trees from National
forests or public land. Can someone, either onlist
or off, provide me some
basic guidance in how to go about getting a permit?

Thanks,

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++