Old 12-03-2004, 11:30 PM
joe

Default PVC vs.. ABS

For drain water systems (ie: no or minimal pressure) it's great. But I don't
think you can use it for supply. I think most people use it because it looks
familiar and they aren't really using that much so the cost difference is
minimal.

Joe

On 3/12/04 10:57 AM, "Richard Holub" wrote:

I have been reading all messages in rec.ponds and notice that everyone
is talking about using PVC for plumbing. Why? A plumber friend of mine
told me that PVC is more expensive than ABS, it does not stand to cold
weather as ABS and it sticks out like a sore thumb (white/black). Any
input?