Old 12-03-2004, 11:30 PM
joe

Default PVC vs.. ABS

For drain water systems (ie: no or minimal pressure) it's great. But I don't
think you can use it for supply. I think most people use it because it looks
familiar and they aren't really using that much so the cost difference is
minimal.

Joe

On 3/12/04 10:57 AM, "Richard Holub" wrote:

I have been reading all messages in rec.ponds and notice that everyone
is talking about using PVC for plumbing. Why? A plumber friend of mine
told me that PVC is more expensive than ABS, it does not stand to cold
weather as ABS and it sticks out like a sore thumb (white/black). Any
input?

Old 12-03-2004, 11:43 PM
joe

For drain water systems (ie: no or minimal pressure) it's great. But I don't
think you can use it for supply. I think most people use it because it looks
familiar and they aren't really using that much so the cost difference is
minimal.

Joe

On 3/12/04 10:57 AM, "Richard Holub" wrote:

I have been reading all messages in rec.ponds and notice that everyone
is talking about using PVC for plumbing. Why? A plumber friend of mine
told me that PVC is more expensive than ABS, it does not stand to cold
weather as ABS and it sticks out like a sore thumb (white/black). Any
input?

[IBC] ABS - Ben Oki Award Dennis Howke Bonsai 0 06-04-2004 09:19 PM
PVC vrs. ABS Richard Holub Ponds 7 13-03-2004 04:12 AM
[IBC] ABS Ben Oki Award Andy Rutledge Bonsai 1 02-10-2003 04:07 AM
[IBC] ABS New Talent Competition Reiner Goebel Bonsai 1 12-07-2003 10:56 PM
[IBC] ABS/BCI/PBA/NABF/WBFF cooperation Andy Rutledge Bonsai 6 11-04-2003 11:08 AM