Old 26-01-2003, 02:08 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Pot question

In a message dated 1/25/2003 8:09:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I have just recently found a handmade pot in a thrift store. It is a
small bowl, about 4 inches across, light brown raw finish. It is not
perfectly symmetrical, but it is signed in Asian script inside next to
the hole. Is this anything special?
Thanks, Brian

Probably a home made pot by a hobbyist. All the "good" pots I have seen
have the signature outside on the bottom. A good Japanese pot usually has a
"chop" or square/rectangle stamped into the bottom with the name of the
potter. I don't think this pot has any value.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++