Old 13-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Hal

Default PVC vrs. ABS

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:57:29 GMT, Richard Holub
wrote:

I have been reading all messages in rec.ponds and notice that everyone
is talking about using PVC for plumbing. Why? A plumber friend of mine
told me that PVC is more expensive than ABS, it does not stand to cold
weather as ABS and it sticks out like a sore thumb (white/black). Any
input?

I pump water up about 30" through a 1 1/2" ABS pipe with an 1800 gph
pump. Pressure is not an issue for me and many of my joints aren't
cemented, just slipped together. Makes a small water fall work and
circulates the pond about every hour. Cold isn't a major issue in
Middle Georgia either.

Regards,

Hal