Old 13-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Frogleg

Default Rosemary

On 13 Mar 2004 18:04:00 GMT, (Bill Spohn) wrote:

We had an unusually cold day or two this winter (zone 8, bordering on 9) when
it went down to -9 C.(it usually hovers around freezing or maybe 2 or 3 degrees
below).

I lost a large Rosemary bush, and I guess I had forgotten that it was a bit
tender (others in less exposed locations came through without blinking).

Do you mean the bush is obviously dead? Or are you wondering if it
might be? My late, lamented rosemary bush (it died of disease, not
cold) was against a west-facing brick wall and survived -19C one
winter. The bigger the bush, the better its chances, of course.

Do people in less clement areas normally keep Roesmary as a pot plant?

Often.