Old 13-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Nedra

Default When to start feeding...

Don't worry too much about the lack of food for your fish.
They can go months and months with no food. They are burning
off the fat put on during the summer and fall. If you have
algae growing on the sides of your pond - including any pots you
have in there - they will eat that and be content for a rather long
time. Wait until the water temps hold at 50 or more degrees
before feeding your fish.

Nedra

"Howard" wrote in message
4...
So I stopped feeding the fish when the water went below 50F, that was back
in December, its still below that level and I'm assuming you wait until

its
above 50F before u start feeding again.

How long can the fish go without eating?

I'm in Southern Ontario Canada