Old 13-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Howard

Default When to start feeding...

So I stopped feeding the fish when the water went below 50F, that was back
in December, its still below that level and I'm assuming you wait until its
above 50F before u start feeding again.

How long can the fish go without eating?

I'm in Southern Ontario Canada
Old 13-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Nedra

Don't worry too much about the lack of food for your fish.
They can go months and months with no food. They are burning
off the fat put on during the summer and fall. If you have
algae growing on the sides of your pond - including any pots you
have in there - they will eat that and be content for a rather long
time. Wait until the water temps hold at 50 or more degrees
before feeding your fish.

Nedra

4...

Old 15-03-2004, 11:45 PM

mine used to go from mid october until mid april when the temp was below 55. this
year, with a 500watt aquarium heater and plastic over the pond they went without from
mid january to mid february.
the koi will come up to you when they are ready to eat. give them very small amounts
of course until the temp is up over 65 and/or your filter is going good enough to
handle the wastes. Ingrid

Howard wrote:

So I stopped feeding the fish when the water went below 50F, that was back
in December, its still below that level and I'm assuming you wait until its
above 50F before u start feeding again.

How long can the fish go without eating?

I'm in Southern Ontario Canada

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

when to start feeding koi Pawel Ponds 3 04-02-2006 04:00 PM
When to start feeding? Bob Ponds 18 18-03-2003 05:20 PM
30 Roses To Start A Garden With Bob Bauer Roses 19 11-02-2003 08:55 PM
Looking to start a small bamboo field justnews Bamboo 0 10-02-2003 05:26 PM
when to start peppers, eggplants inside? Bill Shoemaker Edible Gardening 4 31-01-2003 04:41 PM