Old 13-03-2004, 11:40 PM
John Savage

Default Lemon Tree question

"Shaal Gebyy" writes:
I think the tree's been there since pre-1950's.
It's getting quite rotten and diseased now, hence it's upcoming removal.

If some branches are rotting but the main trunk is still healthy, you
can probably cut off those branches and allow the trunk to regenerate.
I'd initially leave some live branches so it has green leaves to keep
feeding the tree until new growth appears, then remove the last of the
decrepit old ones. No guarantees, though.

Sort of 're-incarnate' the once majestic tree.

Yes.