Old 14-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Pam - gardengal

Default Rosemary

"Bill Spohn" wrote in message
I'm not sure what -9C translates to on the Farenheit scale, but I am also

in
zone 8 (PNW) and we had a few lows this winter into the lower teens,
approximately 15-20 degrees below freezing. Rosemary should be perfectly
hardy in our areas even under those occasional unseasonal circumstances

so
I'd guess that perhaps drainage is not as sharp as it could be. More

often
than not in our mild climates, it is not the cold that kills plants but
winter wet rotting the root system.

Good thought - it might not be the best drainage.

If it survives where you are (Seattle?) it will here (a warm part near
Vancouver) too.

Yes, it is reliably hardy here (Seattle) - I use it as hedging in landscape
designs often and particularly like the prostrate forms to cascade in sunny
rockeries or over the side of the those ugly concrete, tunnel-like driveways
to underground garages

And lamb without rosemary (or even chicken without rosemary, for that
matter ) is simply not to be considered :-))

pam - gardengal