Old 14-03-2004, 05:05 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] The ULTIMATE malsai

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isom, Jeff (EM, PTL)" Subject: [IBC] The ULTIMATE malsai

So THAT is what I can do with the trees I kill! I guess that can also be

an
alternative suggestion for newbies that have a dead mallsai...spray that
sucker with liquid plastic and stop worrying about water or light!

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

Several years ago I was approached by a couple at a bonsai convention
wanting me to send them dead bonsai trunks. They would pay for them!!!!!!.
The name of their business was "Forever Bonsai" I think. ( Not to be
confused with the nice soapstone carved trees a friend of mine does)
They took dead trees still intact and attached silk leaves, flowers, etc and
potted/sold them. They showed me some in car trunk they had done. They
looked quite a bit like the Chinese ones you see. I wonder if they are still
around. I gave them a few names of better prospects to call. Haven't ever
seen them again.
BTW, Jim, the preserved ones I saw ten or more years ago or so in a gift
shop in Savanna, Ga. waterfront. They were "injected" while still alive
with something. Foliage was an un-natural green/blue after that. I am PRETTY
SURE I remember the explanation tag said they were done by Weyerhauser.
This was, of course, before they started the bonsai museum there. I
wonder if anyone can remember these and WHO IT IS that is making them now
for the group in the ad Jim posted, and what are they injected with, or, are
they sprayed now? Inquiring minds want to know :)
Dale

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++