Old 14-03-2004, 05:42 PM
san

Default Java Fern was Java Sword

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
"san" wrote in message
Thanks for giving me a heads up on the care.

The two that I currently have I have planted straight in my
substraight. Has anybody else ever grown them there? or should I

move
them up onto my bogwood? The one plant is in a small 5.5 gal tank,

can
they be mounted on a small one inch diameter stone? I really don't
want any large pieces in my 5.5 tank. It houses one mean

paradisefish
and he likes having all the plants to manouver through while he

hunts
baby snails.

Anyone know where there is a good website that tells how to

propegate
aquarium plants?

I've only grown java fern for several months, well, almost a year,

and it's
very versital as far as where you put it... as long as you're not

putting
it's major vein in a bind or pinch, it'll grow and attach to

anything, even
the substrate if it's porous... Smooth gravel won't allow it to

attach to
with it's brown runners. I did put a piece in front of a piece of
driftwood, and 4 weeks later, it was attached and growing up length

of it,
and is now affixed and won't come off... As Rick mentioned, you

should bury
it in the substrate past the leaves shoots, that'll for sure make

the major
vein rot and or die off..

I wanted to try and use it as a low light plant and it's thriving

well, in 9
months, it's more than doubled in size, enough that I've now moved

it around
to 4 different tanks...

How tall has yours grown? Out of the plants I have purchased this is
my favorite for it's dark green coloring.

San