Old 14-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Archives (was: Collecting)

However, I just took a look, and it seems that much of the FAQ
is missing. For example, I know that I was part of a committee (with
Jim, Kevin, Reiner, Anton and some others) who debated a good while on
just how to present that material in terms of language, priorities and
emphasis. Apparently all reference to collecting has been deleted from
the FAQ. Does anyone know what happened to it and how it could be
restored?
The FAQ we have posted right now just seems pretty anemic,
especially considering all the effort given to it in past years.

The committee you mention is not something I was involved with. I assume
that it was organised during the period where I had stepped off as
webmaster, for about 12-18 months until last June or so.

I have not seen any remodelled FAQ, and have taken the material I inherited
when I first picked up the IBC site, approximately 4 years ago. I don't
have any new material.

In my latest revision of the site, I let go a few things from the FAQ, since
they were redundant and included the material in more appropriate places
(i.e. books when in book reviews). Some things were more article than quick
Q&A's (which I think is more along the lines of FAQ, though I may be wrong
here.

I would be glad to add to the FAQ with new material. Feel free to submit
things to me.

Nic

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++