Old 15-03-2004, 02:17 PM
J. Del Col

Default growing seeds from dried peppers

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
Has anyone successfully grown pepper plants from dried peppers from the
supermarket? I've grown seeds collected from ripe fresh peppers, but no
luck with the dried peppers -- even if they don't look heat treated. Are
the peppers irradiated or something? I bought a bag of peppers at an
Indian/Pakistani market and I'd like to try to grow them. They look like
little habaneros, but are not *nearly* as hot and they taste closer to
Mexican chile peppers. They are very seedy, and they look sun-dried rather
than oven-dried. But no seeds have germinated yet (2 weeks).

Thanks, regards,
Bob

Pepper seeds have a definite shelf-life. They may simply be too old,
have dried out, and are no longer viable.

J. Del Col