Old 15-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Kat

Default English Ivy Woes

Hi-
I have a small (75 sq foot) area that has been overgrown with English
Ivy. We spent all day yesterday raking and removing any signs of it.
I feel we were pretty successful in getting most of the ivy out but am
worried because I live in a condo and the neighbors have the ivy
growing on their fence. No one lives there at the moment (hasn't in
years) so no one takes care of their area. Do you think I need to
clear out the ivy growing on their fence since it is less than three
feet from the area I've cleared? I have some roundup and though I
might spray it on the newly cleared area to kill off anything we may
have missed. Is this necessary or do you think pulling out the vines
was good enough? I would like to replace the ivy with new shrubbery
and/or flowers, will spraying the roundup hurt my chances of growing
something new there? I am a complete novice when it comes to
gardening ( first place of my own ) so any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!
Kat