Old 15-03-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Rubbermaid filter life

I want to prefilter the water going to my veggie filter too ... so I am thinking
about building a nice wood crate to hide the rubbermaid. stick a couple of those
hanging baskets on top and let the ivy drape over it. Ingrid

(Roger Grady) wrote:

My filter made from two Rubbermaid Roughneck 18 gal. totes will be
entering its third year. Given the way these things distort when full
of water, and that they're exposed to a lot of sun, anybody have any
thoughts or experience on how long they last? It would ruin a lot more
than my day if one of them split and let the whole pond into my flower
garden.

I've been looking for some more of the tan color tubs like what I have
(because they blend in well with my rocks) but haven't found any. And
today I noted that Menard's was selling Rubbermaid 18 gal. totes that
look exactly like mine, but the tag on them just says "storage tote",
not Roughneck. Makes me wonder if they're using cheaper plastic or
something.

Roger Grady

To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.