Old 16-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Janice

Default How to KILL Arrowhead?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:26:00 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:14:16 -0600, "K, T, E & N"
wrote:

What would work? No water, no nutrients. Black thick plastic weighted down
by bricks. Leave through the summer over the area that you want decimated.

You'll have an empty place to 'start over' on. Till in good compost,
aerate, plant it.

Um. Arrowhead (Sagittaria) is an aquatic plant.

I think they're talking about Syngonium podophyllum
Nephthytis, African evergreen, Arrowhead vine, Goosefoot plant
syn. Syngonium angustatum
Family Araceae

http://www.geocities.com/gratim98/asyngon.htm

I could be wrong.. and I'm sure lots of folks will tell me if I'm
wrong ;-)

It's a plant that will grow from water, bog, dry and go dormant in
drought. Friend had a poor pitiful cat chewed sansevaria .. green
version of mother in law's tongue.. I watered it, and to my shock and
surprise, up came the arrowhead plant! I've seen them growing in fish
tanks up and over the side too.

Janice