Old 16-03-2004, 02:06 AM
Robert

Default Gardenia problem

Blaine,

Thanks, I will post some photos of the undersides tomorrow. I believe these
are older leaves but I'd need to look again in the daylight. They have some
new leaves coming in which look good.

The only fertilizers I use are organic fertilizers like Holly-tone. I
generally give these bushes a lighter than recommended feeding just once in
the early spring and they seem to be good for the rest of they year. In the
fall I add compost/mulch around the bed.

Thanks again,

Robert

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message
news
Robert

It would be helpful to see the underside of a few of those in question.

As a general rule it's not a good idea to fertilize plants that may be
under
stress. My casual observation is that plants are not lacking for

nutrients
but may have a micro-nutrient defeciency or toxicity.

Don't forget that gardenia leaves do not last forever The older leaves or
damaged leaves will drop and usually before a flush of growth in the

spring.

--
Baine

"Robert" wrote in message
hlink.net...
We have 9 Chuck Hayes Gardenias that I planted a few years back that are
looking a little sickly. Up until now they've been very healthy, hardy
plants.

If anyone has any idea what is going on with them from looking at these
photos I'd appreciate some help:

http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2614.jpg
http://www.woozy.com/gardening/DSCN2615.jpg

I just gave them their spring feeding with Holly-tone yesterday, the
browning is from before that feeding.

Thanks,

Robert