Old 16-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Rod

Default Early Veg.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:19:24 +0000 (UTC), "Robert"
wrote:

: I am rapidly running out of veg, 6 leeks, 2 cabbages, several parsnips
: and 2 caulies, yet to head up.
:
: We have used all the frozen up, so I may have to go back to the
: supermarkets,. [sigh]
:
: What are the earliest veg I can grow? Low lying North Staffordshire,
: raised beds and availability of polythene tunnels to cover.

Parsnips are generally the earliest to go in although you won't get anything
worth digging for a good while. What about early pototoes? You can pick
those young and some peas and summer cabbage.

Starting from now? Spinach and baby turnips will be the first to crop
followed by early summer cabbage like Hispi,early carrots, early
caulis and peas. Still time for broadbeans.
Rod

Weed my email address to reply