Old 16-03-2004, 07:12 AM
aslng

Default Dead lily? where to buy hardy water lily?

I cut the Rhizome to 3 sections and re-pot them a week ago. Add some
fertilizer sticks. Now, I saw quite a few leaves coming out. Though, they
are very very tiny. I am not sure if the leaves will be even smaller than
what I had last year. Anyway, the lily hasn't died yet. Any suggestion how
to make the lilies to grow bigger and stronger?

Before I found my old lilies were alive, I bought another one from Yard bird
(for $25). Walmart in our area (Rohnert Park, Northern California) don't
carry water lily. Lowe is too far away from where I live.

Thanks.

"Bryan" wrote in message
Can't help with the old(dead) lillies or potting.

But Last 2 years I've gotten some "hardy" lillies at walmart in early
spring. About $5. They all did really well, bloomed even in the first

year.
they came bare root in a soil filled bag. A local nusery sold some for

about
the same price. I too noticed lowes price last year. I can a lot of

potting
for the $10-$15 dollar higher price of the bare root bargins.

Bryan

"aslng" wrote in message
news
1) My lily leaves became smaller and smaller during the last summer.

Now,
am not sure if it's dead. Rhizome has many roots but no leaf this year

so
far. The Rhizome is dark brown color. How could I tell if it's dead?

2) What's the ideal pot size for hardy lily? Is 12 inches ok? I read

some

3) Any suggestion where to buy hardy water lily? Good price with

reasonable
quality. Online? Any suggested stores?

I live in Santa Rose (Northern California).

Thanks.