Old 17-03-2004, 08:48 PM
M. Tiefert

Default Freesia

Suzie-Q wrote:
Can freesia be planted in a pot? If so, how small can the pot be? I'm
thinking about a 10" hanging pot.

Do I follow the same instructions for planting in the ground re.
depth and distance apart?

Thanks in advance,

Yes! My freesias are very happy in a couple of pots this year! They're
just in standard 10-inch (I think) pots.

They didn't do as well last year, probably because the winter was not
quite as cool and wet as this winter was (East of the San Francisco Bay,
beyond the first range of hills, but not really far inland). This year,
were're going on into the second week of a heat wave and they're still
happy.

Mine are a bit crowded by now, since I didn't dig any up last year,
although the local squirrel might have grabbed a couple bulbs.

cheers,

Marj
--
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/