Old 18-03-2004, 12:39 AM
dave weil

Default first rose wounds of the year

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:05:19 GMT, "Theo"
wrote:

Nice scent but when my Felicia
starts blooming I can smell it from her driveway While
her DD's do not carry to mine.

Yes, yes, yes!

And it's a *pretty* smell too - musky *and* sweet at the same time. It
reminds me of my favorite perfumes. I *love* the look of those
clusters as well...

BTW, I had bragged on my Belami planting last year and I had talked
about not taking the first blooms. I'm beginning to wonder if I made a
mistake as the mild winter really took its toll on those three plants.
LOTS of canker (or discoloration, whatever). I went out and had to
prune several of the main canes all the way down to the graft. I'm
hoping to get some good basal growth, but I think I'm going back to my
original thought about taking first blooms upon planting.