Old 18-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Phoenix Graft Help Needed

In a message dated 3/17/2004 4:21:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
am interested in the experiences of you folks as I have difficulty buying
copper nails or brads around here. What have you used and how it worked out?
Peter:

Plastic straps are ideal when you can find a way to suitably position them
around the deadwood (trunk). In areas where you cannot apply them, use a
suitable screw. I have never used copper screws. The two tanuki's that I worked on
10 years ago are thriving (in the absence of copper) and with screws used to
secure plasterboard to studs.

You will need to be certain to protect the bottom of the trunk from wicking
water. This is done by applying either a coat of West Systems Marine Epoxy,
Cuprinol, or someone that forms a strong, waterl-resistant shield. If you do
not protect the exposed bottom of the deadwood trunk, the trunk will most
definitely rot over time.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
http://members.aol.com/iasnob

Cordially,

Michael Persiano

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++