Old 18-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Lee B.

Default The Best Time to Drain

Bad BV, Baaad! You're just looking for an excuse to play with the fish.
RTB is correct - when your source water and the pond water are close to the
same, do it then. No shock (hmmm - did I tell you that my source water is
currently warmer than the pond? 72 versus 69 G). However, up there where
you live you'd need a wetsuit to get in the pond. (Or perhaps you look good
in "all over" blue with your teeth chattering so hard you can't hear
yourself think????) You can play with the fish as Hal suggests later on in
the year when you BOTH can appreciate it!

Lee

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
In the "you don't have a diffuser on your bottom drain, you moron?" thread

admited to committing this horrible crime. So I have always been planning

on
going for a swim after I build the diffuser so I can install it. I got to
thinking it may be easier to drain a few feet of water out of the pond
first. The question is then, when would this be safest to do? Should I do

it
now while things are cold or should I wait for the pond to get rolling and
do it in the spring?

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com