Old 18-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Robert

Default Gardenia problem

Thanks,

I took the photos to Brown Bros & Byrd this morning and they thought it was
mostly winter damage but that there might be some fungus/mildew. I have to
take a cutting back to them tomorrow morning to confirm.

I've been really happy with Holly-tone and all the Espoma products that I've
tried. These gardenias have done really well with it. If you haven't tried
Holly-tone I heartily recommend it:

http://www.espoma.com/default.asp?st...ntCategoryID=4

Robert

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
My take is that it's some damage from frost and ice. I had a little bit
of that last year on my gardenia and a tad bit more this year. The
leaves eventually dropped and the bush was fine. I will add that I do
fertilize differently than you as I use Osmocote for acid lovers and
ironite on my gardenia.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu