Old 18-03-2004, 11:49 AM
broomhilda

Default Horrible string algae

I have excellent luck re all kinds of algae with barley straw. I put the
barley straw in a hamster ball with a thin rope attached to pull it out
with.

It takes a month or so to get working but after that the algae is gone.

I buy the straw for about $3.00 a bale at the farm store. Places that deal
with pond supplies charge outrageous prices.
"Cin1754" wrote in message
I have just turned my pumps and UV filter back on about 2 weeks ago. The

water
already looks clean, but what to do about all the string algae. Most of

it is
attached to upper level rocks, not much on the bottom. Any good brushes

use. Help
Cindy