Old 18-03-2004, 11:06 PM
TRAINMAN9

Default Looking for Paph adductum

Well... Actually that is a bit of a mixup. The commonly held
elliotianum is actually rothschildianum.

I remember when adductum first made it's way to the US at least in modern
times. If I recall it was in the late 70's or early 80's. At that time it was
being sold by the name p. elliotianum and touted as the poor mans roth.

Then I think the people who imported these plants had some of them bloom and
they then re-identified them as adductum. Funny but my partner and I always
thought they named it adductum because it rhymed with "I F***** Them" (please
excuse the french) since thousands of growths were sold at good prices as p.
elliotianum, at least in the Philadelphia area and a lot of people were fooled.
I think the Norris Powell consortium were the ones who originally brought these
in.

When the name changed the price dropped to about five dollars a growth from
thirty-five or fourty per growth. At that point we bought 10 or 15 multiple
growth plants.

I don't ever think we bloomed any of them and they have long since been sold or
died, my partner closed down the business about five years ago.

I've been looking for a plant for the last couple of years without much luck.