Old 18-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Kay Easton

Default Honeysuckle

In article , Katy
writes
Hello everyone, I grew a honeysuckle in a pot, up a trellis. I want
the honeysuckle to stop at the top of the trellis. As it grew I wove
it back and forth to fill it out all the way up - THEN just as it was
looking really lush it started dying from the bottom up -this was in
the space of a couple of months. ANy ideas? Too wet/too dry. I was
sad.... Any help much appreciated.

Honeysuckle likes its roots moist, but that is easier to find in the
shade of bushes. But then honeysuckle needs sun, so it climbs to the top
of the bush to get it. So it's natural tendency is bare stems at the
bottom, lush growth at the top, and all the flowers facing the sun on
your neighbour's side ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: