Old 19-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Paul O.

Default Algae ID question

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/alga...ification.html

I have on a couple of my broad leafed plants some dark grey, very
slimy algae. Is this the dreaded black/blackbeard algae? It's so
slimy it's impossible to try to pull off. Thanks.

Pics would help tremendously...

Will get pic or two up on aba in the next day or two. It sure looks like

the brush algae as seen at that link. Had this stuff before a couple years
ago and tuffed it out till I apparently hit the right combination of
everything and it went away. Had not been bothered till I set up the new
tank in January. Just got a bunch of new plants in to try and help deal with
it. Now in the process of getting the right amount of nutrients and co2 for
the plants. Thanks.
--
Paul O.