Old 14-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Paul O.

Default Algae ID question

I have on a couple of my broad leafed plants some dark grey, very slimy
algae. Is this the dreaded black/blackbeard algae? It's so slimy it's
impossible to try to pull off. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

Old 18-03-2004, 05:21 PM
RedForeman ©®

http://www.floridadriftwood.com/alga...ification.html

I have on a couple of my broad leafed plants some dark grey, very
slimy algae. Is this the dreaded black/blackbeard algae? It's so
slimy it's impossible to try to pull off. Thanks.

Pics would help tremendously...

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!!

==========================
2003 TRX450ES
1992 TRX-350 XX (For Sale)
1987 TRX250R (sold)
1987 CBR600 Hurricane (sold)
1987 VFR700 Interceptor (sold)
1995 TRX300ex (sold)
2000 CBR600F4 silver/red (sold) *sniff*sniff*
'98 Tacoma Ext Cab 4X4 Lifted....
==========================
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation."

If you do send me unsolicited e-mail I will proof-read it at a rate
of $100 per hour (4 hour minimum).

Old 19-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Paul O.

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/alga...ification.html

I have on a couple of my broad leafed plants some dark grey, very
slimy algae. Is this the dreaded black/blackbeard algae? It's so
slimy it's impossible to try to pull off. Thanks.

Pics would help tremendously...

Will get pic or two up on aba in the next day or two. It sure looks like

the brush algae as seen at that link. Had this stuff before a couple years
ago and tuffed it out till I apparently hit the right combination of
everything and it went away. Had not been bothered till I set up the new
tank in January. Just got a bunch of new plants in to try and help deal with
it. Now in the process of getting the right amount of nutrients and co2 for
the plants. Thanks.
--
Paul O.